Junior Sports – Soccer
Indoor Soccer is one of the most popular games played around the world. This fast paced sport is ideal for those kids who want to increase their fitness level, coordination, balance and agility in a friendly and social environment.
At Seamer Sports Centre, Indoor Soccer is played inside the net. The net prevents the ball from leaving the court, reducing the number of playing stoppages. With no out-of-bounds, a smaller court than the traditional outdoor game and more regular scoring, Seamers Indoor Soccer can be fast and frantic, while still being playable by all standard of players.
Here at Seamer Sports we offer U8, U10 and U12 competitions. All players must be in their age group for the duration of the season.
GAME DURATION AND START TIMES
- All games are played on Friday afternoons
- Game duration is 35min – 2*15min halves
- Game start times: 4pm, 4:35, 5:10, 5:45,
- All players should be at the centre no later than 5 minutes prior to the scheduled game time.
All players in a team must compete in the same coloured shirts. Shirts may be of any colour or style, provided ALL team mates wear the exact same colour. All teams must adhere to this by Round 3 of the regular competition. Failure to do this will result in a 1 goal penalty for each player out of uniform.
LADDERS AND POINTS SYSTEM
- Win = 3 points
- Draw = 1 point
- Loss = 0 points
- Bye = 3 points
- Win on forfeit = +3 points
- Loss on forfeit = –3 points
QUALIFYING FOR FINALS
- To qualify for finals a team must play all of its fixtured games.
- Individual players must play a minimum of 5 games during the regular season to qualify for finals.
- Semi Finals and Finals are all played on the same week night as regular fixtured games.
TEAMS SHORT OF PLAYERS DURING FINALS
- If only the minimum number of players have qualified and are available to play in a particular grade, then that team must play with those players only.
- If less than the minimum number of players have qualified and are available, then the final will be forfeited to the team they were scheduled to play.
- Only on special circumstances will an unqualified player be permitted to play and this will be determined by centre management.
- In a 4-7 team grade, the top 4 teams will progress through to the finals.
- In a grade where there are 8 teams or more, there will be a separate play off for the top 4 teams as well as for the bottom 4 teams.
HOW CAN I GET STARTED?
If you wish to register, simply click below and complete the enrolment form online.
2 SEPARATE SEASONS
SEASON 1 (Term 4 2017)
9 weeks of soccer: All teams play a 9 week season.
SEASON 2 (Term 1 2018)
10 weeks of soccer: All teams play a 10 week season. TBC
SEASON 1 – completed
SEASON 2 – 9th Feb – 13th April 2018
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
GAME FEES – individuals have 2 options when registering to play. Both methods covers all umpires, equipment and prizes:
- Register as an individual: $80 (season 1)
- Register as a team: $400 (season 1)
REFUND POLICY –Teams wishing to withdrawal from the competition must notify management prior to the commencement of Week 4’s fixtures. Refunds will be made on a pro rata basis and at management’s discretion. Individual refunds are not applicable to team payments.