Junior Sports – Cricket
Indoor Cricket is an immensely popular sport, having been played in Australia since it was invented in the late 70’s. Now played by over 200,000 participants Australia wide, the beauty of Indoor Cricket is that each player bats and bowls the same number of overs as their team mates, ensuring all players remain involved in the game.Here at Seamer Sports, we offer junior competitions for U/11, U/13, U/15’s. All players must be in their age group for the duration of the season (i.e. 10yr old and 11yr old’s will play in the U/11’s competition).The competition runs seasonally opposite to outdoor cricket throughout the winter months, which enables you to play cricket all year round.
GAME DURATION AND START TIMES
- Game duration is 1 hr
- U11’s, U13’s, U15’s will run on Friday afternoons at 4pm, 5pm or 6pm.
- All players should be at the centre no later than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled game time.
All players in a team must compete in the same coloured shirts. Shirts may be of any colour or style, provided ALL team mates wear the exact same colour. All teams must adhere to this by Round 3 of the regular competition. Failure to do this will result in a 5 run penalty for each player out of uniform and will be deducted from their batting partnership.
LADDERS AND POINTS SYSTEM
- Win = 4 points
- Draw = 2 points
- Loss = 0 points
- 1 bonus point for each skin (i.e. 1st pair of Team A versus 1st pair of Team B, etc)
- Win on forfeit = +8 points
- Loss on forfeit = –8 points
QUALIFYING FOR FINALS
- To qualify for finals a team must play all of it’s fixtured games.
- Individual players must play a minimum of 5 games during the regular season to qualify for finals.
- Semi Finals and Finals are all played on the same week night as regular fixtured games.
TEAMS SHORT OF PLAYERS DURING FINALS
- If only the minimum number of players have qualified and are available to play in a particular grade, then that team must play with those players only.
- If less than the minimum number of players have qualified and are available, then the final will be forfeited to the team they were scheduled to play.
- Only on special circumstances will an unqualified player be permitted to play and this will be determined by centre management.
- The top 4 teams will progress through to the finals.
- All other teams will play normal games to the end of the season
HOW CAN I GET STARTED?
Master class sessions with Western Wolves state squad to be held on Friday 21st April.
U9’s: 10-12pm, U11’s: 12-2pm, U13’s: 2-4pm, U15’s: 4-6pm
Cost: $10 per child – numbers limited.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place in the master class.
If you wish to register for the term 2 season, simply click below and complete the enrolment form and send complete with your payment to Seamer Sports.
The 2018 season of junior cricket will be run over 2 terms - 4th May –14th Sep 2018.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
GAME FEES – individuals have 2 options when registering to play. Both methods covers all umpires, equipment and prizes:
- Register as an individual: $180
- Register as a team: $1440
Please note: If a team forfeits at anytime during the season, you will still be charged your full game fee.
REFUND POLICY –Teams wishing to withdrawal from the competition must notify management prior to the commencement of Week 3′s fixtures. Refunds will be made on a pro rata basis and at management’s discretion. Individual refunds are not applicable to team payments.