Indoor Cricket is an immensely popular sport, having been played in Australia since it was invented in the late 70’s. Now played by over 200,000 participants Australia wide, the beauty of Indoor Cricket is that each player bats and bowls the same number of overs as their team mates, ensuring all players remain involved in the game.Here at Seamer Sports we offer both 6 a side and 8 a side competitions played Monday to Thursday nights. All nights have structured divisions to suit both experienced and inexperienced players.
GAME DURATION AND START TIMES
- Game duration is 1hr 5min for 6 a side and 1hr 10min for 8 a side
- Games start at 6pm continuing at the relevant time intervals
- All players should be at the centre no later than 5 minutes prior to the scheduled game time.
WINTER SEASON INFORMATION
|Competition||Day/Night||Season start date|
|Monday 6 a side||Night||20th March|
|Tuesday 6 a side||Night||21st March|
|Wednesday 8 a side||Night||22nd March|
|Thursday 6 a side||Night||23rd March|
|Super League||Afternoon||2nd April|
All players in a team must compete in the same coloured shirts. Shirts may be of any colour or style, provided ALL team mates wear the exact same colour. All teams must adhere to this by Round 3 of the regular competition. Failure to do this will result in a 5 run penalty for each player out of uniform and will be deducted from their batting skin.
LADDERS AND POINTS SYSTEM
- Win = 4 points
- Draw = 2 point
- Loss = 0 points
- 1 bonus point for each skin (i.e. 1st pair of Team A versus 1st pair of Team B, etc)
- Win on forfeit = +8 points (8 a side) or +7 points (6 a side)
- Loss on forfeit = –8 points (8 a side) or -7 points (6 a side) and loss of bond
QUALIFYING FOR FINALS
- To qualify for finals a team must play all of its fixtured games.
- Individual players must play a minimum of 5 games during the regular season to qualify for finals.
- Semi Finals and Finals are all played on the same week night as regular fixtured games.
TEAMS SHORT OF PLAYERS DURING FINALS
- If only the minimum number of players have qualified and are available to play in a particular grade, then that team must play with those players only.
- If less than the minimum number of players have qualified and are available, then the final will be forfeited to the team they were scheduled to play.
- Only on special circumstances will an unqualified player be permitted to play and this will be determined by centre management.
- In each grade, the top 4 teams will progress through to the finals.
HOW CAN I GET STARTED?
Either register as a team or as an individual.
If you wish to register simply click below and complete the enrolment form online.
SUMMER SEASON FORMAT
24 weeks of competition: All teams play a 24 week regular season.
2 weeks of finals: Teams who qualify after the 24 week regular season participate in the semi and grand finals over 2 weeks, still playing on their regular playing night.
Please note: each season commences the same night as the previous season’s Grand Finals
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
GAME FEES – teams have 2 options for paying match fees:
- Pay per match: $128 per team per match for 8 a side cricket and $96 per team per match for 6 a side. Full fees are always payable, even if a team has less than the required number of players.
- Pay per season:Teams have the option of paying for the entire season upfront rather than paying each week. Teams who choose this option receive a 10% discount on the total season’s fees and you will never need to worry about collecting fees from your team mates!
NOMINATION FEES – A nomination fee equal to one match fee ($128 for 8 a side and $96 for 6 a side) is payable with any team nomination. This fee is fully refundable at the end of the season and is used to pay for the team’s last game of the regular season. Those teams who leave the competition before the end of the season, forfeit a fixture with less than 24hrs notice or who are removed by management due to unacceptable behaviour, will lose their fee. Teams choosing the ‘pay per season’ option are not required to pay this fee but will lose one game fee upon breaching any of the above mentioned rules.